HomePorts arranges for the following services, as needed, with members paying the negotiated hourly fee determined in advance:
- Home Care and Companionship Services
- Health Care at Home by Certified Nursing Assistants (Note: this is not a substitute for health care provided or referred to you by a physician)
- Transportation- Local and Out-of-Town
- Yard, Garden, and Lawn Maintenance
- Carpentry and Construction
- Electrical Work
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Painting and Wallpapering
- Snow Plowing and Shoveling
- House Cleaning
- Household Money Management
- Pet Care
- Home Technology Assistance – help using the computer, Internet, or e-mail
A complete list of services can be obtained by calling 443-480-0940.
The scope of services provided by HomePorts is defined by several basic principles. Services provided by HomePorts are those that meet the criteria described below:
- The Service does not duplicate or compete with a service provided by a public agency, such as Upper Shore Aging. Where existing services may have similar objectives, the HomePorts-provided service will draw on, or complement, existing services.
- The focus of HomePorts services is in-home care, those services that allow for, or promote the ability of, seniors to remain in their own homes, living independently.
- Services may be offered by HomePorts that encourage seniors to socialize and participate in community events; such services are supplemental to the basic mission of ensuring timely and cost-effective help for members to remain in their homes.
- HomePorts is a facilitator and communicator rather than a direct provider of a service.